If this is caused within an RDS environment, then please click
Bad File Name or Number Error Code 52
All Orders 3.X
Work Orders 1.X
All Orders 2.X
File Name or Number Error Code 52
Possible Cause Version 1.X:
You tried to open a QuickBooks or other file format through
Resolution Version 1.X:
1. From Windows Start, select Run, type in regedit and press OK, this
will launch the Registry Editor.
2. From the left panel select
HKEY_CURRENT_USER then Software then
3. While the NumberCruncher is Highlighted, Press the Delete button then confirm
4 Start NumberCruncher.
5. Select File --> Open Company and
Browse to the location of the NumberCruncher file on the network (*.NCB) and
select it. [DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THE QUICKBOOKS FILE]
6. You will get a message that the QuickBooks file cannot be found. Select Yes
look for it then Browse to the location of the QuickBooks file on the network
QBW ) and select it.
Possible Cause Version 2.X - 3.X:
Compact & Repair was performed and someone is still logged.
Resolution Version 2.X - 3.X:
Ask all users to log-off. If this
problem occurs after all users have logged off, using
Windows explorer navigate to the location of the
NumberCruncher Data File. In teh folder you should
see the NumberCruncher file (MyCompany.NCB) and another file
MyCompany.ldb. If this file exists, delete the file and
Call to speak with a NumberCruncher Solutions Consultant at: